Code: EMB IEEE10008
Online Monitoring System of Temperature of Conductors and Fittings Based On GSM SMS and Zigbee
In this paper a portable wireless data logging system for temperature monitoring in real time process dynamics, Temperature variations should be recorded so that a control action can take place at a defined set point. This paper proposes a 8-bit embedded platform for a temperature sensor node having a network interface using the 802.15.4 ZigBee protocol, that is a wireless technology developed as open global standard to address the low-cost, low-power wireless sensor networks. The wireless temperature sensor node senses and transmits the variations in the local temperature to the central computing unit placed within the range. The central base station receives the data and stores it in the file and plotting the variations simultaneously.
Parts of the Systems:
We will use a digital temperature sensor, which will give us digital output. Here we are using DS1820, will be connected to Zigbee Tx.
- Micro controller
We are using micro controller 8051 to implement the overall system. It will be connected to one ZigBee Sensor which will receive data from sensor and will send appropriate information to GSM network.
- GSM Modem
GSM modem is used to send information to online portal or system which will display the temperature on webpages.
ZigBee is short range wireless technology, having low baud rates which is extremely useful for wireless sensor networks and consumes very less power which makes it ideal for battery backed applications.
Hardware Block Diagram:
We will use 8051 microcontroller to build this system.
The 8051 architecture provides many functions (CPU, RAM, ROM, I/O, interrupt logic, timer, etc.) in a single package
- 8-bit ALU, Accumulator and 8-bit Registers; hence it is an 8-bit microcontroller
- 8-bit data bus – It can access 8 bits of data in one operation
- 16-bit address bus – It can access 216 memory locations – 64 KB (65536 locations) each of RAM and ROM
- On-chip RAM – 128 bytes (data memory)
- On-chip ROM – 4 Kbyte (program memory)
- Four byte bi-directional input/output port
- UART (serial port)
- Two 16-bit Counter/timers
- Two-level interrupt priority
- Power saving mode (on some derivatives)
Programming Language: Embedded C
Sensors: DS1820 Digital one wire temperature sensor.
Output: Send data to GSM network through a GSM modem.
- Get data from sensor.
- Calculate temperature value.
- Send data on GSM network.
- Go to step 1.