This project is microcontroller based project. A Gas sensor is used to detect dangerous gas leaks in the kitchen or near the gas heater. This unit detects 300 to 5000ppm of Natural Gas. Ideal to detect dangerous gas leaks in the kitchen. Sensor can be easily configured as an alarm unit. The sensor can also sense LPG and Coal Gas. Ideal sensor for use to detect the presence of a dangerous LPG leak in your car or in a service station, storage tank environment. This unit can be easily incorporated into an alarm unit, to sound an alarm or give a visual indication of the LPG concentration. The sensor has excellent sensitivity combined with a quick response time. When GAS leakage is detected and is messaged to the authorized person using cellular network called GSM.
1. CPU: We will use 8051 as a brain of this system.
2. Gas Sensors: A gas sensor will give CPU the amount of hazardous gases in environment,
It will be converted to digital form to make decision.
Hardware Block Diagram:
8051 Microcontroller: AT89C2051
The AT89C2051 provides the following standard features:
- Compatible with MCS® -51Products
- 2K Bytes of Reprogrammable Flash Memory
– Endurance: 10,000 Write/Erase Cycles
- 2.7V to 6V Operating Range
- Fully Static Operation: 0 Hz to 24 MHz
- Two-level Program Memory Lock
- 128 x 8-bit Internal RAM
- 15 Programmable I/O Lines
- Two 16-bit Timer/Counters
- Six Interrupt Sources
- Programmable Serial UART Channel
- Direct LED Drive Outputs
- On-chip Analog Comparator
- Low-power Idle and Power-down Modes
- Green (Pb/Halide-free) Packaging Option
Sensors: GAS Sensor.
- Keil C software programming
- Flash magic
Step 1: Initiate system.
Step 2: Get data from sensor,
Step 3: Calculate amount of dangerous gases.
Step 4: If more than threshold, then start alarm.
Step 5: Goto step 2
- System will be functioning effectively against most of the organic gases.
- Even minute amount of gas leakage can be sensed.
- Requires continuous power supply.
- Cannot detect minute amount of inorganic gases and acid fumes.